New Adventures are Awaiting

I did a road trip through Spain, France and Portugal with Matty in 2012 and I never wrote about it. Seems a bit of a shame not to have documented our road trip as we were cruising along the rainy plains of Northern Spain, up to the South of France not before tasting the tapas of San Sebastian, then back down, right across to the North-West of Spain, sampling tapas and treats all the way. Then down along the coast of Portugal where the smell of sardines and salted fish trace your every move, bliss!

On a road trip you discover so much more than you would on just a normal holiday. You are left free to discover what you want, no limits, no ties to a single spot… unless the van breaks down, which fortunately didn’t happen the whole time we were there, winner! You can potter around for however long you want, wherever you want.

I’m writing this because the van we did the trip in… this beauty


Is being sold this weekend and it’s breaking my heart just a little bit. It’s just soooo prettyyyyyy! But I know with this van sold, there are going to be plenty more adventures on the horizon. I seriously cannot wait for the next chapter of life to begin. In October, or November (I haven’t yet decided when to leave) I will hopefully be popping onto a plane bound for Sri Lanka. 

I’ve been dreaming of travelling round Sri Lanka for the past year, and now, it feels like it might actually happen! The aim of the trip… To surf as much as possible, to eat as much amazing food as possible, to meet lots of beautiful people, to discover a country steeped in culture and history and natural beauty, and ultimately to teach English over there! 

I recently achieved my TESOL certificate which will allow me to teach English as a foreign language anywhere in the world. I can’t say I am feeling completely confident about it all. I still have so much to learn, about teaching and the English language ironically; it feels incredibly daunting, but I need to do it, I need to try out new things and escape the comfort of my cushty little life here in Cornwall. God I do love it here though.

The only thing that has been holding me back from going out there sooner is my confidence, and I realise saying that, it seems such a shame to let such a great adventure slip away just because of self-confidence. Basically, I need a kick up the bum and get moving. 

It dawned on me, when on my trip round Costa Rica, that I become a much more confident, exciting and all round happier person when travelling. Travelling forced me to do things I wouldn’t normally do, it forced me out of my comfort zone and brought me out of my shy, little shell. This is why I need, not want, neeeed I tell yah, to make another trip half way across the world! OBVS, not just because I don’t want to stay in England for another lousy winter. 

Anyone who's thinking of making a big trip, but feels daunted by the prospect, just go for it! Plan everything you need to and just go for it, you'll only know when you're there.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig